Hi there, Good news! We have made some improvements in Multichannel version 2.16. You can fully experience this version starting September 22, 2020. Below are the list of changes :
- Token implementation
There are two types of authentication used by Multichannel, namely
REST Token and
Short Lived Token. The Rest Token is used for server to server authentication using the app code and secret key. Short lived token is used to authenticate users in accessing services to maintain information security.
In this version, Multichannel implements the expiration mechanism of the short lived token. The token will expire within 30 days, starting from the time the token was created. Tokens are generated every time a user logs in. This short lived token expiration mechanism applies to all APIs. If the short lived token expired, Multichannel will be unauthorized and log out.
With the short lived token expiration mechanism, the client side of application needs to adjust the changes so that they are not unauthorized and log out when the token expires. Therefore, clients need to apply auto refresh / generate new tokens every time the token expires.
Whereas when using the REST token, the client can always call any API without worrying about token expiration. To learn more regarding Authentication, you can check this Documentation.
We will implement the short lived token mechanism for only the new APP ID starting 3rd November 2020.
- Supports timezone setting for analytics
In previous versions, information on the analytic page was presented in the UTC timezone. Users with other timezone areas such as UTC + 07, need to manually convert information to obtain the desired information. In this version, Multichannel has support for timezone settings. Users can enter timezone according to what is needed in the field 'Timezone from UTC'. Entering 7 in the 'Timezone from UTC' field means that all information presented is in the UTC + 07 timezone.
- Add WhatsApp Metrics in Admin/Supervisor analytics dashboard if integrated with WhatsApp channel
In this version, there is an addition to WhatsApp tab on the Admin/Supervisor analytics dashboard. The WhatsApp tab is only displayed if Multichannel is integrated with the WhatsApp channel. There are 4 sections on the WhatsApp tab, namely as follows:
- Summary: contains information on remaining message template quotas, total broadcast message, total 24 hours message templates, broadcast read rate, broadcast reply rate
- Broadcast: contains broadcast logs information, total broadcast pending, total broadcast sent, total broadcast delivered, total broadcast failed
- 24 Hours Message Templates: contains information 24 hours message templates logs, a total of 24 hours message templates pending, a total of 24 hours message templates sent, a total of 24 hours message templates delivered, a total of 24 hours message templates failed
- Customer blocked list: contains a list of blocked WhatsApp contacts
Metric broadcast read rate is used to determine the ratio of broadcast messages read by the customer. Broadcast read rate metric is calculated by looking at the broadcast status and only counts for Read status. If customer deactivates Read Receipt privacy, it will not be counted.
Metric broadcast reply rate is used to determine the ratio of broadcast messages replied to by customers. Metric broadcast reply rate is calculated if the customer replies to the broadcast message and is still in the same chat room on Multichannel.
- Supports WhatsApp interactive message templates via API
- Handling error when saving notes
- Improve WhatsApp integration description copywriting
- Improve tags using regex to strip tags
Apply WhatsApp Business Accountand
Contact Usbutton in WhatsApp integration
- Add warning for suspicious file
- Change minimum WhatsApp number to 8 digit (excluding country code) in WhatsApp integration
- Change copywriting “Qiscus Multichannel CS Chat” to “Qiscus Multichannel Chat”
- Change copywriting “HSM” to “Message Templates“
- Prevent race condition when get customer
- Logs for 24 Hours HSM in WhatsApp integration feature is deprecated
- Hide the value of encoded user token when it is connected in WhatsApp integration
- Block malicious CSS code
- Hotfix country code of phone number in WhatsApp integration
- Hotfix to handle empty area code in WhatsApp integration
- Hotfix dial code phone number in WhatsApp integration
- Hotfix error validation if agent id is not appropriate then return 400
- Hotfix tag search with prefix
For further information, feedback or questions about the changes above, please feel free to drop us some feedback at https://support.qiscus.com/.
Multichannel Product Team