Before you start, please make sure you have an approved template and Outbound Quotas. If you are unsure about how to create a message template, you can read more on our Documentation: Outbound Message
Here are the steps of sending a Broadcast message through Omnichannel
1. Log in to your Omnichannel Account as Admin, go to Outbound Message
2. You will be redirected, directly, to the "send broadcast message" page. Click the "New Broadcast" button.
3. On this page, you can choose which template you would like to broadcast, by clicking the highlighted button on the image below. All of your Approved templates will be shown here, you can also search the templates by name.
Our broadcast message feature is handy. You will not be needed to create your own CSV structure for each of your templates. All you need to do is choose the template that you want to broadcast, and our auto-generated CSV will make the structure for you. It is highly recommended that you download our auto-generated CSV every time you'd like to broadcast a message with different templates.
4. After you picked which template you'd like to broadcast, choose "Download CSV Template", so you will get the right structure for your CSV broadcast.
After clicking the button, an interactive pop-up will appear, you can choose either a comma (,) or semicolon (;), separator for each of your variables, then click "download".
5. Open the CSV file you have downloaded, and fill them out accordingly to your variables and the template use.
6. After you fill your CSV, return to the broadcast message page. Do not forget to fill out the broadcast name, or the send button wouldn't be able to be clicked. Then click upload CSV.
7. Choose the same separator as you downloaded them, click next, and pick the CSV you have filled.
After the CSV is completely uploaded, click send.
There will be a pop us showing if you are about to use your outbound quota, click "Yes".
8. After you clicked yes, and the "Success" indicator shown, you will be redirected to the "Send WhatsApp Broadcast Message" page.
Here, you can see your currently broadcasted template and the progress.
The progress will update accordingly, and you can see the details by clicking the "See Log" button.
9. If the template is successfully delivered to the recipient or has been read by them, you'll see it there
And now it is finished!
Note: For the template that is containing a Media as its header variable
If you would like to broadcast a template with a media as its header, you will have 2 choices:
a. Broadcast the default media.
Which is the media you use when you created the template. The media will be shown on the preview template like the image below.
To use the default media, after downloading the CSV, delete the table for the header and its row.
Fill out the rest accordingly, save the CSV, and use it for broadcasting your template.
b. Use different media(s).
If you'd like to use another media rather than the default media, or you'd like to use different media for each of your recipients, after downloading the CSV, fill out the "header_variable" with a direct link to the media. Make sure it's a direct media link, a link such as G drive is not allowed since it is not a direct link. The direct link usually ends with the format of the file that it is directed to, an image with a direct link usually ends with jpg/JPEG or PNG.