In some cases, while using Multichannel to communicate with clients, sometimes it is often necessary to send the same image with multiple frequencies. For example, in the case of sending product images or image templates to guide customers. Therefore, the use of chat templates in sending the image is considered to be sufficient to help solve this problem.
In this article, we will guide you on how you will be able to create a chat template with an image.
What Will You Need
Server to upload the required image, it is recommended to upload it on the Multichannel dashboard. You may use fake accounts (Line/WhatsApp/other channels) in your Multichannel application. Or you can use another publicly accessible server.
Here is how you can use Multichannel to get an image direct URL:
1. Open a session with yourself
2. As Agent or Admin on your Multichannel, send your image by clicking this button and choose your desired image
3. Once the image uploaded, click right on the image and then choose "copy image address"
Or you can choose "open image in new tab", and see the image URL:
4. Copy and save your URL for use later.
- You must get the image direct URL in order to use them. (example: https://d1edrlpyc25xu0.cloudfront.net/rir-i1gavwtrrzsh7vk6h/image/upload/ELLurDvx9s/qiscus_badge.png)
- Image cannot be followed by text/caption.
- You may remove the slash /w_320,h_320,c_limit to get a better image resolution.
HOW TO CREATE A CHAT TEMPLATE WITH AN IMAGE:
1. Make sure you already have the image direct URL. The tutorial can be found above.
2. Create a chat template on the Settings page. Enter the command template and the content template. The command template is the name of the image that represents the image. Enter the content template with the following format:
Format template content:
Example of use:
- Must exactly match the format
- Don't forget to add a space after the image URL
- To be submitted to the Line channel, the image URL must be HTTPS://
- For the WA channel, the maximum size of the image is 5 MB
3. Your image template is ready to use!
For the video tutorial, check them here: https://youtu.be/kuNN1j8Clrg