The following steps on the assumption that you have already registered in Qiscus chat SDK.
Step 1: Install React Native Firebase Library
- Go to Installation menu to initial setup,
- Then you can install for specific platform:
3. Install Firebase Cloud Messaging dependency for specific platform:
4. Install RNFirebase Notification package for specific platform:
Step 2: Register FCM Server Key to Qiscus Chat SDK
You can follow this steps to register:
- Go to this link to retrieve the FCM server key
- Then go to this link to register your FCM server key to Qiscus chat SDK
Step 3: Register FCM Token to Qiscus Chat SDK
You need to make sure every time open the app, the FCM token need to be registered in Qiscus chat SDK server. Once the device token has been registered, the target user will receive the notification.
Step 4: Handling Incoming Message from Push Notification
Step 5: Handle Push Notification Event
You can handle notification event for example when open the notification, by following this link. This below code an example when redirect to particular chat room:
If you still having trouble to setup push notification, you can reach out to our support team so we can help you!