WhatsApp's New Pricing Model
WhatsApp officially released the new pricing in 2023 on June 1, 2023. Businesses using the WhatsApp Business Platform will be charged per 24-hour conversation, with different rates by conversation category. Business-initiated conversations will be split into three new categories: utility, authentication, and marketing. Meanwhile, user-initiated conversations will be called service conversations. Qiscus has made several changes to the Omnichannel Chat dashboard due to this change. You can read here to see the changes.
Understanding the Optimize Broadcast Price Feature from Qiscus
Broadcast messages play a crucial role in enabling businesses to establish a wide-reaching connection with their audience. However, WhatsApp's new pricing model may impact your business strategy. To address this challenge, Qiscus has introduced the innovative Optimize Broadcast Price feature. This feature empowers you with the ability to optimize your credit usage while sending WhatsApp broadcasts to your valued customers.
This feature does not only apply to new templates, but the Qiscus Omnichannel Chat system will automatically categorize all message templates that have optimization potential. This powerful feature enables businesses to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of their communication campaigns.
Benefits of the Optimize Broadcast Price Feature
There are several benefits that you will get from the Optimize Broadcast Price feature, including:
1. Cost efficiency
The Optimize Broadcast Price feature is designed with the primary goal of maximizing credit efficiency. When sending broadcasts while the customer service window is active, the feature automatically optimizes the total credits used. By leveraging this feature, you can optimize your credit utilization and achieve greater cost-effectiveness in your broadcasting efforts.
2. Enhanced Reach
By optimizing credit usage, businesses can effectively allocate their resources and reach a larger customer base. The Optimize Broadcast Price feature enables businesses to reach new growth opportunities and expand the business's potential customer base.
3. Comprehensive analytics reports
Qiscus offers a comprehensive analytics report that enables you to track important metrics, including delivery rates and the overall cost savings achieved through the use of the Optimize Broadcast Price feature. You can not only optimize your credit usage but also monitor the impact and cost savings generated, allowing you to make data-driven decisions and further enhance the efficiency of your broadcasting efforts.
Content's guidelines for the Optimize Broadcast Price feature
WhatsApp templates categorized under both Marketing and Utility can be optimized. However, it's essential to adhere to specific guidelines concerning the content of these templates that can be optimized. we will provide a detailed explanation of these guidelines.
1. Content with header: Text, body: Text, button: Quick Reply
2. Content with header: Media, body: Text, button: Quick Reply
3. Content with header: None, body: Text, button: None
4. Content with header: None, body: Text, button: Quick Reply
5. Content with header: None, body: Text, footer: Text, button: Quick Reply
6. Content with header: Text, body: Text, footer: Text, button: Quick Reply
7. Content with header: Media, body: Text, footer: Text, button: Quick Reply
As you can see, the most important thing about a template that can be optimized is that if the template has button, it must be a Quick Reply button, either in the form of a Custom button or a Marketing Opt-out.
When sending a Broadcast using a previously approved template, you will get a "Potential for Optimization" notification if the selected template meets the criteria according to the guidelines above.
Templates that can be optimized will have their own icon next to the Template Name.
If the template sent has been successfully optimized, you will find an "Optimized Broadcast Price" banner on the broadcast history page.
The Optimize Broadcast Price feature can be enabled or disabled according to your wishes. This setting applies to each WhatsApp channel that has been integrated with Qiscus Omnichannel Chat.
- Optimization of broadcast delivery is only applicable while the conversation remains within the active customer service window.
- Templates with the Authentication category cannot be optimized.
- There are seven specific types of content that can be optimized. We strongly advise following the guidelines when creating new templates.
- The enable and disable settings for the Optimize Broadcast Price feature are applicable to each WhatsApp channel.
- A comprehensive report detailing the usage of the Optimize Broadcast Price feature, and the cost saved, is available in the Analytics menu.
- Check out the documentation on using Optimize Broadcast Price here.